I am starting to make life changes seeing that I’m not getting any younger. So I have not been “dieting” but I do eat clean. When choosing to eat cleaner there is a lot of food which you shouldn’t eat.
Believe me, you never realize how much butter you use till you stop using it completely! Since I decided to make this total life change I asked myself, “what can I cook that is healthy, filling, and delicious” As I racked my brain I thought I have chicken breast thawed in the refrigerator. It then came to me I can make stuffed chicken breast!
Something quick, painless, and depending on what I stuff in it I don’t have to make any side dishes. I decided to stuff my chicken breast with garlic, spinach, tomato, and low-fat mozzarella cheese. This dish was so delicious and easy that I had to share so here it is.
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup uncooked spinach
- 1 tablespoon of Flavor God Spicy Everything seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of Flavor God Lemon and Garlic Lovers seasoning
- 1/2 cup Low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Start with 1 large chicken breast.
- Rinse chicken breast and cut off any visible fat.
- After you have rinsed and cut off the fat you need to slice the chicken down the middle making an open pocket.
- Take seasoning and rub inside and outside of the chicken until you have the desired amount of seasonings.
- Now take minced garlic and rub it on the inside and outside of the chicken breast as well.
- Lastly, you stuff the chicken breast with tomatoes, spinach, and mozzarella.
- Place the stuffed chicken in a baking pan and drizzle 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil on top of the chicken.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
I enjoyed this so much and I hope you do as well! Please leave comments with any suggestions.